Thursday 27 December 2012

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword



(Food Critic - Matthew Fort asleep July 2009 Inverness Airport)


On Christmas Eve I found myself in Staples before going to the cinema to watch the Hobbit.  To some people this is strange...  Christmas Eve looking at office supplies?

I will admit, loud and proud that I have a note book problem.  And a nice pen problem.  I don't really ever use them.  But I stash them.  I normally use one on each of my holidays.  Especially when sailing.

I note down all the places visited, how much it cost to get in, marks out of ten etc  Then at the back of the book upside down I list all the food and drink eaten that day and the prices.  I also mark the food out of 10.  Restaurant critic I am not, but I still do it.  Half the time I am not even sure where I put the book after, it whittles the hours away when on a sun lounger and keeps tabs on my spending.

I am secretly hankering after the Martha Stewart range I saw.  I feel compelled and am talking my inner self into the need for the emergency number wipe board.  Why?  I have no idea.  Do you have any stationery secrets?

No comments: