Monday 7 August 2017

Shall we vote?


Good morning!

Thank you to everyone for their book recommendations. I have marked in red the books that I would like to include, these will not be voted on.  We will be voting on the others.  We can decide if we would like to read all of them.  Or just pick 8 to make the 12 books.  this is what the list looks like.  

Jude The Obscure: Thomas Hardy
The Old Wives Tale by Arnold Bennett
Therese Raquin by Emile Zola
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Aldous Huxley's Brave New World
Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Karl Ove Knausgaard A Death in the Family
Joanne Harris  Chocolat
John Steinbeck - 'The Grapes of Wrath
Joseph Heller - Catch 22
Michael Cunningham - The Hours
Daphne du Maurier's 'Rebecca
End of the world running club
The Great Santini by Pat Conroy
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Heart of Darkness Joseph Conrad
Lord Jim both by Joseph Conrad 
Waiting for Godot by Samuel Becket
Animal Farm George Orwell
1984 George Orwell
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Anthony Trollope The Way We Live Now

I am going to read Freaky Green Eyes and Night by Elie Wiesel separately on my own…  Join in if you wish with those, leave me a comment and I will do a post about them once I have read them.


We also need a Christmas book to read in November finishing 21st December, the solstice.  Recommendations for this would be good.  I am wondering if anyone is interested in The Snow Child which is  448 pages long or to go with Dickens Chimes which is 175 pages?  What are your thoughts on this?

I will make a voting button and add it to the side bar later.

No comments: