Friday 18 August 2017

Read along 2017-2018


Hello, the voting is over.  Rather than have to go over this again, I took all of the books that had 2 or 3 votes each and adding them to the ones I said I would like to read already.  This gives us 18 books, adding this to the remainder of this year, the book choices will last us till March 2019.  

Yes, I really did just type 2019!

Here is the list

October 2017 - Daphne du Maurier's 'Rebecca
November 2017 - The Chimes, Charles Dickens
December  2017 - Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
January 2018 - Jude The Obscure, by Thomas Hardy
February 2018 - The Old Wives Tale, by Arnold Bennett
March 2018 - 1984 George Orwell
April 2018 - Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
May 2018 - Farenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
June 2018 - The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien
July 2018 - The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
August 2018 - A Death in the Family, by Karl Ove Knausgaard
September 2018 - Chocolat, by Joanne Harris
October 2018 - The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
November 2018 - Catch 22, by Joseph Heller
December 2018 - The Great Santini, by Pat Conroy
January 2019 - The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
February 2019 - Animal Farm, by George Orwell

March 2019 - Anthony Trollope The Way We Live Now

This gives us all time to get the new books, hopefully cheaply.
Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Raybeard said...

Hi, Sol. Thanks for this most interesting list.
'Fraid that reading is having to take a back seat with me right now as well as for the foreseeable future, though I do think that with a little effort I ought to be able to keep up with the rest of your 'club' - and I don't have to buy any of these until the Arnold Bennett in the new year.
But 'Rebecca' is a cracker for the next - and I'm going to ensure I make time to (re-)read it.

Sol said...

Hey Ray! You read what ever you can when you have time. I hope your situation changes for the better soon and it is a nice area you get to live in. Not living in a safe, calm and restful environment, plays havoc with your body. so you take great care of yourself, you come first, forget the books, unless you need the escape. Beaming lots of love out into the internet ether that things come together quickly for you! :)

Janie Junebug said...

Rebecca is a great book. It's hard to put it down.

Love,
Janie

Sol said...

Hey Janie, oh that sounds promising. As I am hopefully moving to Cornwall, I better read more than just this book...? Right? Hope you are well.