Monday 3 July 2017

I'm Spinning Around


Hello, sorry for the radio silence.  

We had a mad dash to Cornwall to look at some houses, only for my sister to call and say my mother had fallen and had hurt herself quite badly and had stitches to the head.

Whilst there, my dad felt ill and had been coughing a lot but had not had a cold.  His leg was stiff and hot and when we looked him over it looked like he had been kicked in the leg.  My cousin said we best go to casualty with him.

My dad had a DVT in his leg but also had another in a major vein that needed surgery.  He has previously had a {PE}, this made him need an emergency operation.

As my father is older now, the operation was a huge thing and unfortunately there were complications.  He is now in ICU whilst they try and stabilise him enough to go on to a normal ward.  He was in high dependency for a week.

Fingers and thumbs everything works out.

My mother is OK, although obviously worried about what is going to happen.  She isnt liking that they cut her hair...

Ray I owe you a book review.  Now I have my laptop I will be on it!  It will take my mind off of everything for a while.

Hope you are all well.

Sol xxx

11 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

Oh, poor you and poor parents. I find it so upsetting when the elderly fall over, let alone get ill. All good wishes to you and yours. All will be well.

Sol said...

Thanks Tom, we are hoping he is over the worst. Hope you are well.

Raybeard said...

Of course I'm very disturbed indeed to her the news about your parents, to both of whom we wish the speediest of improvements, though there's a measure of relief (if that doesn't sound over-harsh on them) to know that you yourself are okay, at least physically. Your absence from your blog is well justified in the circumstances. Just get your life back on an even keel. The book review will have to take its place in the order of priorities, and right now it's not a high one. Best of wishes to you and all.

Sol said...

Hey Ray, its been quite scary to say the least. Things will get back to normal eventually.

rusty duck said...

Oh goodness. When things go wrong it often all seems to happen at once doesn't it. Take care Sol and best wishes to both of your parents for a speedy recovery.

Sol said...

Hey Jessica... doesnt it? It always happens when you least can cope. We have all coped but it has been hard. Hope you are well and thanks for the well wishes

Dani said...

So sorry to hear about your parent's health problems. Yeah, getting older is not for sissies.

Hope your Dad improves soon - will keep both of them in my prayers.

Jules said...

I'm sorry to read this. What an upsetting time for you all. Sending positive thoughts.
I'm sorry I haven't commented for a while but for some reason your posts haven't been showing on my feed. X

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this report Sol, and hope that improvements are fast.

Rachel Phillips said...

Just catching up this morning. You have had quite a time. Hope all is improving now.

Do you think Northsider Dave is in Portugal? Haven't heard anything from him in 2 months.

Sol said...

Hey Dani, for sure getting old is no joke. Thank you for your kind comments.

Hi Jules, I have also had problems with my feed not telling me when people have put up new posts? THank you for popping by!

Hi there Toffeeapple, hope you are well. Thank you for your comment.

Hey there Rachel, he is improving. It has been nail bitting stuff and lots of tissues used. We should have shares in kleenex.

I have not heard from Dave, he could be in Portugal, I remember reading on one of his posts that he has found a property. He could be sunning his self. I will comment on his blog and hope he sees it. He didnt blog when he was there last time...