Thursday 1 January 2015

Hows it going?


How did your New Years Eve go?

It would seem I have started a tradition of being slightly unwell, coughing like crazy.  Sounds like a mixture of a really bad smokers cough and a dog barking...  More vitamins needed.

Did you go anywhere?  Did you party in your living room with the kids asleep on the sofa, shaking them awake to watch the fire works?

We went and had my favourite...  Curry!  Ah wonderful curry.  So tasty, so garlicky, so hot.  

SO YUM!

Then back home, tried to sit up on the couch.  Then went to bed at 2100.  Promptly fell asleep and then was woken up by people whose clock was set at the wrong time.  Got up, bleary eyed and watched the fire works exploding over the top of the church with its bells ringing.  They lasted for 15 minutes.  And were pretty spectacular.  I should of grabbed my camera, but I didnt think about it.

Quick drink and then back to my slightly warm bed.

Any new years resolutions?  Nah, not for me, (other than catch the Phantom dog walker who leaves poop on my drive and all along the pavement in front of my house and the ex-Teacher.  Who when she mentions it doesnt say poop.  Says on 'defecate'.  Which obviously makes me smile and try not to laugh.  Ever the teacher with proper language).

Seen lots of people jogging by the house.  They arent the normal joggers, the 'all year' ones, these are new year resolution ones.  Its blowing a gale out there, good luck to them on the hill!  You can go down, but they have to run right back up... 

The tree and decorations are down, it makes me happy that the house feels tidier to me.  Gave it a quick once over with the vacuum before putting it in the box.

Nice and neat.    Good start to the new year I would say...


13 comments:

Raybeard said...

We went to bed together then, Sol - timewise, that is. I won't repeat comments on last night which I've already made elsewhere - as well as wishes to you which are as valid as they ever were.
Sounds like you're glad the season is over and done with. When I was young the family would religiously (literally!) leave up the decorations, to be taken down on twelfth night. It's a long time to wait when the mood has by then long since dissipated.

Now shake off that cough and splutter and start 2015 on a rarin'-to-go high!

Sol said...

Ray I am hoping the cough goes soon!

northsider said...

Happy New Year Sol. We spent our New Years Eve in a village in Kerry. The landlord shook our hands and welcomed us to his pub. A really enjoyable night had by all.

Sol said...

Hey Dave, Sounds like you had a good night

Anonymous said...

In bed at 10:30. No drinks. No hangover. I'm possibly the most boring human on the planet.

Go 2015!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, S. We had a Chinese takeaway and I was asleep in bed by 10.30. Rock'n'roll. Bloody fireworks woke me up at midnight though. Was lovely to wake up this morning with a clear head, I must say!

Sol said...

Ha Ha Susie! I think lots of people did the same as us. I'd like to pretend it is because I have been ill. Where in reality it is because I couldnt face going out.

Hey Caroline there are no good Chinese take aways here. They dont taste as good as the ones down there.

No drinking has some perks.

Molly Printemps said...

Hi Sol. I was in bed by 10.30pm. I am like you, I always want to put the Christmas decorations away as soon as possible. I'd do it on Boxing Day if I could get away with it!

If you are not on any other medications, try Pholcodeine Linctus for dry harsh cough - get it from any chemist.

Looking forward to a brand new shiny year.

Carol

Sol said...

Hey Carol, I get a bit frantic when it isnt tidy. Nothing like a good clean and scrub of something to make you feel a little more in control.

Thanks for the tip on the cough. I am off out in a minute to pick my car up from its MOT. I will stop in the pharmacy then. Cant kill my little car. its 14 years old and flies through the MOT every time. lol Good old Polo.

nick said...

Jenny and I marked the occasion in the usual way - a bottle of champagne, watching Jools Holland and attacking the remaining mince pies. We did stay up till midnight. These youngsters just can't take it, ha ha. And we didn't have a hangover as we drank plenty of water before going to bed....

Sol said...

Ha Ha Nick it sounds like you had a good one!

Lynne said...

Ha! Sol, you and me both! My annual, it seems, brush with bronchitis over the entire holiday period. So a very muted New YEar (though we did push the boat out on Boxing Day). And no resolutions for me either, I have no wish to set myself up to fail. But lots of interesting things I want to try, and some stuff that needs getting rid of.

All the best to you, and hope you get over your bugs very soon! Lx

Sol said...

Hey Lynne hope you are feeling better. it seems to be a tradition now! best stamp that on the head. Good luck for the new year.