To Translate Click Here

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

And the craziness continues

picture from google

And the craziness continues.  In readiness for moving, I handed my notice in yesterday.  You may remember that I studied quite hard to get this job, spent a lot on the qualifications....  

Well it didnt work out.  I made a mistake and I am happy to admit this.  I am not cut out to work in an office like that.  I eventually liked the people well enough, finance makes people bonkers I have decided.  Very highly emotional.  FTSE up, most are happy.  Brexit, everybody very sad.  Anyways, enough of that.  Whats next?

I applied for a job on my phone, as you do now, sitting in the car park, whilst waiting to follow another coffin to its final resting place.  My Mum and Dad both in the car.  My parents are the type of people, "if your happy we are happy".  Our relationship has changed a lot over the last 10 years, I went somewhere from being their kid that lived in London, to someone who took over their finances, bills and such.  In a way reversing the relationship.  We have all mellowed.  I looked to them for reassurance that we arent crazy.  They did a similar thing when they were our age.  Hence I grew up by the sea.

I had an email and a telephone interview, with a very posh gentleman, Retired Forces.  Then a face to face interview, with Him, his Son and his Accountant.  He requires a personal assistant 4 days a week for 6 hours a day.  I will help with sorting his correspondence, arranging the cleaning ladies, the gardeners, builders etc.  I am looking forward to the challenge as he is quite a good laugh, doesnt take himself too seriously and most of all he is only one village over.  I will no longer have to drive nearly to London every other day.  I am doing this for 6 months.  We hope that this will coincide with us selling.  If not I would be allowed to stay in one of the cottages.  He is hoping to rent them out.  Watch this space as that is somewhere he said he wants input into the interior decoration.  He has come to the right person.

I handed my notice in yesterday after my weeks holiday.  I am now on Garden Leave.  

I am ready to change.  The light is at the end of the tunnel.  I just hope no one turns out the light!

11 comments:

local alien said...

The new job sounds excellent. I don't know you of course but it just seems that you're a people sort of person and you need warmth and not dry old finance 😆 whatever. The best of British luck to you. Great first step. Hope all goes well and enjoy your break....and read a lot!

Sol said...

Hi Linda, we realise that it isnt all going to be plain sailing when we move. We are ready to do what ever we have to. No mortgage is top of the agenda. We will have to live with what ever the inside of the house looks like for a while.

The job is a contract for 6 months, to sort it all out and then he did say that I could work for him remotely, travelling back twice a month for meetings etc. This is if it all works out. The Accountant is completely right that a contract for 6 months is the right way to go and then see what happens. I can also take Eric to work. Which is a complete bonus. What is one more dog when there are 8 already in the house. :) I have to take his own bed with me. As they all sleep in their own beds in the morning room. THere is no stealing anothers bed allowed!!! lol

Annie's Journal said...

A new chapter in your life...How exciting SOL! Take courage and always move forward:) A paid work to go just around the corner, + good working hours..it couldn't be better! You can now afford lots of garden breaks in between:) Most probably you'll be able to gain and save more from your earning now that you don't need to share as much with the petrol station too! All the best to you. You made me laugh when you mentioned about the roller coaster 'situation' in the UK. As you know, we're out of the country for a while now...but funny enough, my husband do get blamed for brexit and for any unstable economic days over there!...so please know we do share your load:P Ah...it's just as well that he has good sense of humour for everything in life!

Sol said...

Hey Annie, it makes a lot of sense. I also wont feel that I have to buy more shoes and clothes. I wear make up all the time. But I have enough clothes and shoes as far as I am concerned, where I was working I felt pressure. I wear quite a lot of vintage clothing. Lots of dresses. I had to buy suits, and with suits comes dry cleaning bills. My car has suffered the last 10 months. And following my accident this time last year (I cant believe it has been a year, I am so thankful it could have been worse), I am quite scared driving.

Working as I was, when you say out loud what I was earning and the yearly bonuses. It sounds amazing. When you factor in all the extra hours, you never turn off. The stress, car wear and tear, petrol, clothes, dry cleaning, lunches out... To only have to go around the corner, wear clothes I already have. Take my dog with me and eat a home lunch. I am really pleased. As my friend said after I didnt get another job I applied for, 'whats meant to be, wont pass you by'. And then 2 days later I saw this job. Very pleased. Life seems to be turning around

DUTA said...

A door closes and another opens.
Good Luck with your new job!

Sol said...

Thank you Duta. Lets hope I like it.

lovelygrey said...

Catching up with my blogging stuff but read this the other day. Wanted then to wish you the heartiest of luc xx

thrift deluxe said...

Well, what do you know, that's not the type of opportunity that falls into your lap ever day! Congratulations on your new job, I really hope you enjoy it, if nothing else there are lots of dogs!

Sol said...

Hey Lovelygrey, I need the luck. A lot of people have said they think I am bonkers!

Hi Thrift Deluxe, thanks. It has all been quite emotional lately. Lots of funerals, lots of change. I think we have finally made the right decision to move and live by the sea

Toffeeapple said...

Well done Sol, this sounds perfect for you. x

Sol said...

Hi Toffeeapple, I am begining to think we are bonkers! Bonkers but excited about what comes next.